Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) Supervisory Special Agent [retired] Bob Catinazzo is a recognized expert in Human Performance Improvement, Error Reduction, and Culture Transformation. Bob’s 20-year law enforcement career included seven years supervising DEA Special Agents and local law enforcement officers targeting the highest levels of domestic and international drug trafficking organizations.
While at DEA, Bob developed expertise in Human Performance Improvement as both an instructor and Unit Chief at the DEA Office of Training (TR) in Quantico, VA, where he was responsible for the entire Basic Agent Trainee Program and Operational Risk Management training in the Group Supervisor Institute. As Unit Chief of the Academic Operations Unit at TR, Bob contributed to the successful accreditation of the Basic Agent Trainee program by the Federal Law Enforcement Accreditation Board and was often utilized by the DEA Office of Chief Counsel as an expert Tactical Witness and the authoring of several Expert Reports in DEA cases throughout the US. While at TR, Bob provided next-level instruction in many Law Enforcement Conferences in the US and abroad in the areas of Leadership, Tactics, Defensive Tactics, Operational Risk Management, and Specialized Narcotics Enforcement procedures.
Upon his retirement from the DEA in September 2015, Bob jumped at the opportunity to become part of the PPI team, serving as Vice President of Public Safety, Government Services & Small Business. In this capacity, he is wholly committed to making a difference in this world and in the lives of Public Safety and Private Sector personnel at all levels.
Bob’s facilitation experience includes presentations in various US Conferences and Work Shops to Private Sector Leaders and Front-Line Employees, State and Local Law Enforcement Officers, DEA Supervisors, Chemists, Intelligence Analysts, and Basic Agent Trainees, FBI National Academy, and Youth Sports Athletes. Bob’s International experience includes presentations to Law Enforcement Officers from Mexico, Columbia, Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, Philippines, Vietnam, Malaysia, Mongolia, and Indonesia.
- Certified as a DEA Tactical Instructor in July 2000
- Certified as a DEA Defensive Tactics Instructor in June 2000
- Certified in the DEA Instructor Development Course 2002
- Certified in the principles of Force Science in February 2012
- Achieved Practicing Perfection® Certified (PPC) status in November 2014
- Certified as a PPI Master Facilitator in September 2015
- DEA Administrators Award for Outstanding Group Achievement – One
- DEA Exceptional Performance and Special Act Awards – Nine
- DEA Outstanding Public Service and Contribution Awards – Two
- DEA Letters of Commendation – Five.